Getting Started - for Undergraduate Students

Before you Arrive 

1. Accepting your Offer

How to accept your offer 

Please accept at UNSW Accept Online via the below link:


If you are accepting an offer and enrolling at UNSW for the first time, you will need to activate your zID and create a Password.

Make sure you have your zID ready, OR if you are a UAC student you’ll need your UAC Application Number and the UAC course code for the program you have been offerred.



2. Getting your Student ID Card

At UNSW Canberra, your Student ID Card is also known as UNSW ID Card, ADFA Card, or simply ID Card. Students who are required to be on campus and access Library online resources should note that it is a condition of enrolment at UNSW Canberra that you obtain and retain a Student ID Card for the entirety of your study with UNSW Canberra. Failure to obtain a Student ID Card will severely limit your access to services. While on campus you should always display your Student ID Card.

Obtaining your Student ID Card in Person

Please visit the ICTS Helpdesk – located on the ground floor of Building 14 – with a valid form of photo ID (Driver’s license or passport)
ICTS Staff will take your photo and then print and activate the Student ID Card for UNSW Canberra building access.

If you are not located on campus and would like to order and receive your Student ID Card Via Mail

Please send an email from your UNSW Canberra Student email address to with the following information and attachments:

  • Student number
  • Mailing address
  • Copy of a valid photo ID (Driver’s License or Passport)
  • Passport size photo that meets the below requirements 


Passport Size Photo Requirements:

The JPEG file that you submit to ICTS needs the following:

  • Dimension: Minimum specifications: 328 pixels wide x 370 pixels high in true colour.
  • Taken within the last 6 months to reflect your current appearance.
  • Taken in full-face view directly facing the camera with a neutral background.
  • You must be in appropriate clothing.
  1. Do not wear a hat or head covering that obscures the hair or hairline, unless worn daily for a religious purpose. Your full face must be visible, and the head covering must not cast any shadows on your face.
  2. Headphones, wireless hands-free devices, or similar items are not acceptable in your photo.
  3. If you normally wear prescription glasses, a hearing device, or similar articles, they may be worn for your photo.
  4. Dark glasses or non-prescription glasses with tinted lenses are not acceptable. 

In all instances your Student ID Card will be mailed to you unless you advise the ICTS Helpdesk that you wish to collect it in person on campus.


Undergraduate and Postgraduate Coursework: A Student ID Card can only be printed if you are enrolled in at least one subject in the current semester and cannot be printed more than 4 weeks prior to that semester commencing.

Postgrad Research: A Student ID Card can only be printed if you are enrolled in the current term and cannot be printed more than 6 weeks prior to that term commencing.

3. Contact Us

Not sure if you have accepted your offer or need assistance?

Telephone+61 2 5114 5000
Ground Floor, Adams Auditorium,
Building 111

Opening Hours:
Monday to Thursday – 08.30 to 16.30 Friday* - 08.30 - 16.00

* On the first Friday of each month Student Administrative Services closes at 13.00.

1. Enrol in your courses on myUNSW

Once you have chosen your courses, you are ready to enrol.


You manage your enrolment online via myUNSWLog onto myUNSW and use our step by step guide to enrol.


Please be advised that some courses/class times fill up quickly - enrol as soon as possible to secure your preferred classes/times.



2. Check your timetable on myUNSW

How do I ensure I have enrolled into my courses?

The best way to check that you have enrolled successfully into your courses is to check your myUNSW Student Profile tab. Your enrolled courses should be listed under the My Enrolment section on this page.



3. Credit from previous university study

What do I do if I have studied at another university and wish to apply for credit?


To apply for credit for previous study, you must submit a Credit Application Form and supporting documentation (Academic Transcripts and Course Descriptions – see Page 1 of the Credit Application Form for further information) to Student Administrative Services at the time of your acceptance of offer. You can do this by emailing it to


Students who will be submitting a Credit Application due to previous study at another university will need to enrol in the standard 1st year courses until their application has been assessed by the relevant authority and processed. 

4. Important dates

Important UNSW Canberra dates can be found at the following link: