Led by an (ISC)² authorised instructor, this training course prepares learners wishing to undertake the Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP) certification exam and provides a comprehensive review of cloud information security concepts and industry best practices, covering the 6 domains of the CCSP Common Body of Knowledge (CBK):
- Cloud Concepts, Architecture and Design
- Cloud Data Security
- Cloud Platform and Infrstructure Security
- Could Application Security
- Legal Risk and Compliance
This training course will help candidates review and refresh their cloud information security knowledge and help identify areas they need to study for the CCSP exam and features:
- Official (ISC)² courseware
- Taught by an authorised (ISC)² instructor
- Student handbook
- Collaboration with classmates
- Real-world learning activities and scenarios
*Early-Bird discounts are available to registrations made more the 45 days before course commencement. Not available for ADF, as your rate is already discounted.
What is the CCSP Certification?
The CCSP is a global credential that represents the highest standard for cloud security expertise. It was co-created by (ISC)² and Cloud Security Alliance (CSA), leading stewards for information security and cloud computing security.
The CCSP shows you have the advanced technical skills and knowledge to design, manage and secure data, applications and infrastructure in the cloud using best practices, policies and procedures established by the cybersecurity experts at (ISC)².
On completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Understand Security Concepts Relevant to Cloud Computing
- Understand Design Principles of Secure Cloud Computing
- Design and Apply Data Security Technologies and Strategies
- Design and Implement Auditability, Traceability and Accountability of Data Events
- Design and Plan Security Controls
- Plan Disaster Recovery (DR) and Business Continuity (BC)
- Apply the Secure Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Comprehend the Specifics of Cloud Application Architecture
- Manage Physical and Logical Infrastructure for Cloud Environment
- Manage Security Operations
- Articulate Legal Requirements and Unique Risks within the Cloud Environment
- Understand Implications of Cloud to Enterprise Risk Management
Several types of activities are used throughout the course to reinforce topics and increase knowledge retention. These activities include open ended questions from the instructor to the students, matching and poll questions, group activities, open/closed questions, and group discussions. This interactive learning technique is based on sound adult learning theories.
Identify and explain the Cloud Computing concepts and definitions based on the ISO/IEC 17788 and NIST standards.
- Identify and explain the Cloud Security Alliance’s Notorious Nine, Treacherous Twelve and Egregious Eleven.
- Understand, and be able to differentiate between, the various service delivery models, frameworks and hypervisor threats that are incorporated into the cloud computing reference architecture.
- Demonstrate the application of appropriate security strategies and be able to recommend appropriate controls for protecting data at rest, data in use and data in motion.
- Discuss strategies for data ownership, data sovereignty, data classification and implementing appropriate measures for assurance for ensuring privacy, compliance with regulatory agencies and working with authorities during legal investigations.
- Understand the challenges for data centre design, forensic analysis and cloud environment deployments and recommend appropriate risk mitigation strategies.
- Understand and apply Business Continuity Planning and Disaster Recovery procedures for disaster situations.
- Design appropriate identity and access management solutions.
- Comprehend and apply appropriate processes and frameworks including the Software Development Life-Cycle (SDLC) process and secure operations.
Who Should Attend
CCSP Training is designed for mid-level security professionals who want to demonstrate their proficiency in the field of cloud security and is ideal for those working in positions such as, but not limited to:
- Enterprise Architect
- Security Administrator
- Systems Engineer
- Security Architect
- Security Consultant
- Security Engineer
- Security Manager
- Systems Architect
What You Will Receive
- Continued access to course content for 6 months including virtual recordings of prior sessions
- 1-year access to courseware materials
- Live online support from an (ISC)² Authorised Instructor
- Official (ISC)² Student Training Guide (electronic)
- Interactive CISSP Flash Cards
- Certificate from (ISC)²
Face to face delivery:
- Official (ISC)² Student Training Guide
- CISSP Flash Cards
- Certificate from (ISC)²
UNSW Canberra Cyber
UNSW Canberra Cyber is a unique, cutting-edge, interdisciplinary research and teaching centre, working to develop the next generation of cyber security experts and leaders.
The centre is based in Canberra at the Australian Defence Force Academy and provides professional, undergraduate and post graduate education in cyber security. Our air-gapped, state of the art cyber range offers a secure environment where we deliver a number of technical and highly specialised learning opportunities.
Our courses are designed to give the next generation of cyber security professionals the skill sets needed to thrive in the industry. We can also create bespoke professional education programs tailored to your organisation's needs.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how.