Mathematics & Physics Student Support Coordinator
UNSW Canberra is a campus of the University of New South Wales located at the Australian Defence Force Academy in Canberra. UNSW Canberra endeavours to offer staff a rewarding experience and offers many opportunities and attractive benefits, including:
- One of Australia’s leading research and teaching universities
- Australian bush land setting with FREE parking
- FREE Onsite GYM and Indoor Sports Centre
- Strong commitment to staff development and learning
- Strong commitment to work life and family balance
- Generous superannuation and salary packaging opportunities
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work
UNSW Canberra is seeking to fill the Mathematics and Physics Student Support role within the Learning and Teaching Group (LTG) which will support the School of Physical, Environmental and Mathematical Sciences (PEMS).
About the Role:
- Job Title: Mathematics & Physics Student Support Coordinator
The incumbent will report to the Director of Academic Support Services (DASS) and the Learning and Teaching group and works under the broad direction of the Mathematics and Physics discipline coordinators. Professional staff play a vital function within the University environment, as enablers contributing to UNSW’s strategic priorities of Academic Excellence, Social Engagement and Global Impact.
To be successful in this role you will
- have a passion for learning and teaching in Mathematics and Physics
- have a strong record (relative to opportunity) to teach students transitioning from secondary to tertiary studies and to develop teaching material to improve the fundamental skills of first-year university students in Mathematics and Physics
- have at least a Bachelor’s degree in Physics, Mathematics or a related discipline
All applicants are required to provide:
1. A statement addressing the selection criteria, and
2. A current curriculum vitae (CV), which should include the names and contact details of a minimum of three referees.
Applications that do not address the selection criteria will not be considered for this position. In order to view the position description - please ensure that you allow pop-ups for the Jobs@UNSW Portal.
To Apply: Please follow the link to the UNSW Careers Portal Position Number - 60375, and sign in or register as a new user.
An applicant may be required to undergo pre-employment checks prior to appointment to this role.
For further information about UNSW Canberra, please visit our website: UNSW Canberra
Find out more about working at UNSW Canberra
Please disable "Pop-up Blockers" to view Position Description Document
UNSW is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity
Any questions about the application process - please email firstname.lastname@example.org